Monday, December 17, 2012

Hope or Fear



The verses for this devotional can either be read with hope or fear.  I try to focus on the hope.  When someone asks me to list my hobbies, I could quite easily write "worrying" as one of them.  I don't like worrying about things, it just happens.  I know God has had my life planned since before I was born, but letting go is very hard.  He has a plan for us and only God knows that plan.  Only God knows when He will return and any who claim to know the day of His return are false prophets.  We must try to be a mirror of His love and compassion to others while we live out our lives on earth and trust Him in all that we do.  The Plan is in His hands and I am thankful every day for the blessings He gives.  We should not let our hearts be heavy with worry for the end, but live each day to glorify God and make sure when the time does come, we are spiritually prepared.

"When the world around us grows cold and chaotic, faith is the balm that soothes a fearful heart and the blanket that comforts an anxious mind."  --Unknown

Prayer:  Dear Heavenly Father, We can feel your presence and need to have faith and trust in your plan.  Thank you for being the loving and forgiving God you are.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Lea Henricks

No comments:

Post a Comment