Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yes, Lord!



Mary is pledged to be married to Joseph, their wedding plans may well be under way; possibly the date is set and the place reserved.   Then, an angel appears with a message – God has chosen her, a young virgin girl, to give birth to the chosen one, the Messiah.  

Mary is perplexed, stunned, surprised!   She even asks an honest question:  “How can this be?”  This was not in her plans – oh, how this could change things. 

The angel reassures Mary and explains that nothing is impossible with God – even her cousin Elizabeth (who was barren) is expecting.    Then, Mary steps outside her comfort zone and responds in faith:  “I am the Lord’s servant – may it be to me as you have said”. 

Mary yielded to God’s purpose for her life and trusted Him to fulfill the promise.  
And, she was blessed for saying:  Yes, Lord!

What has God chosen you to do?
What plans does God have for me?
How might we respond?


Prayer:   Dear God, thank you for Mary’s example of asking honest questions and then responding in faith.   Help me to hear your call on my life, and help me respond as Mary responded, by saying  “I am the Lord’s servant”.  Help me yield to your purpose for my life and trust you to fulfill it.   In Jesus’ precious name, I ask these things. Amen.

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment