Monday, December 5, 2011

Confidence



Reading the Psalms, I always find myself wishing that I could relate my feelings in beautiful words as David does.

In this particular Psalm, David shows us that he too had concerns and fears as we do today.  I think he even questioned his faith somewhat because he prayed, but then he continued to worry, even though he was confident that God would answer his prayers.  I think this is something we all do. 

We should have confidence in God’s promise.  We should pray for God to hear our prayers, and be confident that He will.  There is no need for us to live in fear.  God promised us He would not abandon us.  He will be with us today, tomorrow and always.

God does answer prayers … we see evidence of it all around us every day.  We see His goodness, His compassion and His unconditional love.  We know we will see God someday, but as David said, until then “we must be brave and courageous and wait patiently for the Lord”.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, we thank you for your goodness, your compassion and your unconditional love.  We thank you the most for your son, Jesus, in whose name we pray.  Amen

Gaylon & Joyce Russell 

No comments:

Post a Comment